Citizen's Police Academy
Sign up at the link below to register for our "Citizen's Police Academy" presented by the Alliance Police Department on behalf of Police Chief Scott C. Griffith. This academy will be for twelve weeks and students will meet one night a week for 3 hrs in the evening. This expands our previous public training classes to a more in-depth level to help educate the public about what we do, how they can help us and how citizens can make their lives safer as well.
The Goal of the Citizen’s Police Academy is to educate community members in Alliance Police procedures and provide an examination of police culture and the organization. The class will allow citizens to meet the men and women who serve them and additionally provide feedback to the administration and officers. This is not to serve as an accredited law enforcement training course.
The class is scheduled to meet every Wednesday evening from 6-9 PM for twelve weeks beginning April 4th.
· All students must complete a ride-a-long prior to the class
· All students must be at least 18 years of age.
· You must submit to a minimal background check
· You must not have any prior Felony convictions
· Misdemeanor convictions will be reviewed by the Chief of Police
· This course does not require any physical requirements.
· Persons with Handicaps will be accommodated to the best of our ability.
Class Topics: (Subject to change)
· Meet the Chief/Building Tour
· Community Policing (COPS)
· Traffic Stops/OVI enforcement
· Officer Survival
· Laws of Arrest/Constitutional Issues /Search and Seizure
· Crime Scene Processing and Forensics
· Canine Unit
· SWAT/SRT Unit
· Drug Investigations
· Cultural Diversity Issues
· Use of Force Situations
· Court and Prosecution Issues
· Dispatch Center